i need to ask a question about Canada

Nibblerman 15:02 12 Jun 07

i am looking to goto Canada for a month or so & want to ask if anyone has any upto date info on entry requirements for a british citizen to enter Canada as in visa ect

the link below states that i need "No Visa" for a holiday so can i just simply jump on a plane & go..?

click here

Bingalau 15:09 12 Jun 07

Make sure you travel insurance is a good one and is up to date. Medical costs in Canada are Gynormous.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:18 12 Jun 07

If you are a UK citizen/subject you can just go. click here is a good place for Q&As and click here for general info.

G

wee eddie 15:18 12 Jun 07

I lifted the quote below from a previous thread regarding Canada and is specific only to Canada

"Any employer wishing to employ a non-native Canadian needs to prove that the necessary skills are not (readily) available in Canada."

Forum Editor 15:25 12 Jun 07

you may enter Canada for a short visit (up to six months) as a tourist with no visa, provided you have not been convicted of a criminal offence, and provided your passport is valid for at least one day in excess of the time you intend to stay.

So yes, as long as you meet the requirements you can just jump on a plane and go.

monkeyboy21 16:02 12 Jun 07

you'll also find immigration staff a lot friendlier, unlike south of the border!

€dstowe 16:02 12 Jun 07

Be careful you don't step over the border into the USA.

A friend landed herself in a fair amount of trouble with US immigration by deciding to book into a motel on the USA side of Niagara Falls. The booking clerk rightly asked for documents but then promptly called the police to report an illegal immigrant.

I'm sure they aren't all as insensitive as that but, pays to be careful.

€dstowe 16:05 12 Jun 07

I should have added:

Canada is an amazing country - its people and its grandeur are difficult to beat.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:21 12 Jun 07

All you need is a passport, just don't sing "I'm a lumberjack..." as you're going through immigration they don't hve a sense of humour.

Canada is a get place to visit.

laurie53 20:41 12 Jun 07

Never been to Canada, but every Canadian I've met has had a fantastic sense of humour.

Could be the basis of a new thread "Which nationality would you most like to be stuck in a lift with"!! lol

WhiteTruckMan 21:02 12 Jun 07

is its just like America-but nice instead. Have a great time. I always do.

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017