I know it's Christmas time but this is bizarre

Sapins 09:40 29 Dec 06

I have just received an order from Proporta in Brighton and in the package there was an Earl Grey tea bag!!!. I had to phone them because of a fault with the order so I asked why the tea bag?, they said "because we are in the south of England (they have people of various nationalities who deal with orders in Europe) we like to keep our customers happy so we give them a tea bag". I said it must be my Christmas drink, which they agreed it is. I am still laughing at this as I type.

If firms like Amazon adopt this it will cost them a fortune!

Diemmess 11:05 29 Dec 06

I hate needing to have things explained to me,my wife solved this one -> Proporta sell bags, cases and so on?

Perhaps others can suggest appropriate gift enclosures.
How about a paper serviette from John Lewis, or a basic Origami sheet from IKEA?

Jackcoms 12:17 29 Dec 06

And from Anne Summers??

Fellsider 16:40 29 Dec 06

Whats the connection between origami - Japanese paper folding and IKEA - Swedish Furniture.

Stuartli 17:09 29 Dec 06

I do.

Diemmess 17:09 29 Dec 06

A self assembly challenge?
This lame-brain couldn't think of anything else more suitable!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the other end of the gift scale, my designer daughter (corporate identity, labelling, and so forth) asked me to make for her:-

Ten boxes like aged miniature crates with hinged lids, small padlocks and suitable stencilled labels.
Supplied with ample curly pinewood shavings there was just room in each for three bottles of wine or spirit.

In the days of funny-money I was given £200 'for my trouble.' She added to her expense the liquor and in some cases courier delivery.

All in the cause of good designer/client relationships!

Diemmess 17:30 29 Dec 06

That was ten years ago, she has eventually had enough of the pressure and has let all that go, taking up a more ladylike lifestyle selling her own good watercolours. No freebies this year.
Well, her husband can keep them both!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017