I hope this is not a path to destruction

sattman 22:39 04 Mar 05
  GANDALF <|:-)> 23:07 04 Mar 05

I am fairly confident that the world will survive.

G

Forum Editor 23:54 04 Mar 05

over this.

mark2 15:38 05 Mar 05

click here
there is an uninstaller available for whenu

Mr Mistoffelees 16:09 05 Mar 05

Just use different anti-spyware programs.

VoG II 19:09 05 Mar 05
  CurlyWhirly 20:01 05 Mar 05

That probably explains why I am always advised to update my Ad-aware definitions when I launch Ad-aware, the developers are not updating the definitions often enough. :0(
Let's hope that Spybot can detect the WhenU spyware variant so at least we have SOME protection.

sattman 13:42 06 Mar 05

As has already been said the world will survive in spite of this, I also will not lose any sleep over it.
However, the revelation, if eventually found to be true does raise concerns for the integrity of a product that most of us have come to heavily if not totally rely on

Forum Editor 14:43 06 Mar 05

Indeed it does, and I didn't for a moment intend to imply otherwise. It's just that we see so many of these supposedly critical alerts, and in retrospect few of them have stopped us in our tracks.

My experience is that very often these revelations (I mean those like the one on your link) are thinly disguised rants where the writer has a hidden agenda, although I have no way of knowing that to be the case in this instance.

As always, there's no substitute for a healthy attitude towards personal online security, and with that in mind I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…