I have a small non-computing problem

jack 09:59 03 Nov 08

Which I am going to post in the helproom.
It occurred to me - would an Odds'n'Sods room be a use adjunct for this type of thing.?

Pine Man 10:32 03 Nov 08

There are enough 'odd sods' using this site without giving them their own forum;-))

Bingalau 10:45 03 Nov 08

Pine Man. My ears are burning.

Yeldarb 11:53 03 Nov 08

Yes Jack - I'm listening - tell us more.

I also have a little "Odd" I'd like to slip in here It's about CD label printing software.
Why do Expressit, Neato, Avery, Mediaface and umpteen others have such complicated software ?
Surely it only needs three things (1) Diameter of the label (say 112 mm )
(2) Dustance of CD centre from top of template
(3) Distance of CD centre from left had side.
Hey presto

Condom 17:19 03 Nov 08

Yeldarb
Aren't Presto another one of them? I entirely agree although I no longer print labels as I have a disk printer.

I use Surething Labeller and have done so for years and it never ceases to amaze me the huge number of templates there are for what are basically the same disks, CD & DVD cases and DVD Film cases.

interzone55 20:58 03 Nov 08

I've yet to find a piece of CD labelling software that actually works as stated.

The only way I've been able to reliably print CDs was when I had an Epson printer that had a CD tray, that worked a treat, but Epson refused to write a Vista driver for it,so the CD tray didn't work in Vista at all...

lixdexik 21:52 03 Nov 08

When I built my latest computer in June I also bought a Canon Pixma iP4500 printer which can print directly onto a disc. It comes with canon software which is soooo easy to use and the results are superb. would recomend it any day, even runs on compatiable inks,

Lixdexik.

bluto1 22:10 03 Nov 08

Printing labels is infinitely less satisfactory than printing on the disc. There's no chance of a label being pulled off and snarling up your DVD equipment.
Jack, how's that for a bit of Odds and Sods.?

jack 08:23 04 Nov 08

Well indeed in fact this discussion has brought my current thinking up short.
I do so little printing except for odd letters- [photo printing I gave up long ago -slide shows on disk me now]
Thus I suspect more ink went into the waste tank than went onto paper, that I am considering abandoning ink jet printing and going electrostatic.
But I do print my disks direct with the Epson
So I will have to retain one of them just for that.
So thank you for this one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…