I have learnt a new word.

Kev.Ifty 23:49 25 Feb 09

excoriated.

I cant say I had heard this one before have you?

click here.

I know the meaning now.. But such a good sounding word should get more exposure. lol

Quickbeam 00:14 26 Feb 09

I've heard John Humphreys use it on radio 4 before now... but I admit I didn't know other than guesing from the used context what it meant.

Quickbeam 00:15 26 Feb 09

I think it's definatley a 'woody word' as far as having a good sound goes:)

DieSse 00:16 26 Feb 09

You need to do more crosswords!

hssutton 10:30 26 Feb 09

As a reader of the Telegraph (on-line) I seem to be learning new words on a regular basis.

dagbladet 11:25 26 Feb 09

If I said I had a) 'Chaffed' my knee or b) 'Harshly criticised' the FE for deleting my link to a banana fetish group, you would probably all understand (and some sympathise with) my point.

If I had used 'excoriate' on the other hand...?

dagbladet 11:25 26 Feb 09

If I said I had a) 'Chaffed' my knee or b) 'Harshly criticised' the FE for deleting my link to a banana fetish group, you would probably all understand (and some sympathise with) my point.

If I had used 'excoriate' on the other hand...?

dagbladet 11:26 26 Feb 09

echo, echo, echo...

Picklefactory 12:58 26 Feb 09

My favorite remains didifernet :o)

dagbladet 13:07 26 Feb 09

That's what my 4 year old nephew calls the world-wide web.

Legolas 13:38 26 Feb 09

Since I started working in close proximity with four woman in my office I have learnt a few new words. None of which I can repeat here. It's finger in the ears time when these women get started ;))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…