I have just discovered Dylan.

Proclaimer 20:37 15 Mar 08

with 'The Freewheelin' and 'Another Side' Albums and he is funny! Very Funny. Just thought I would share that.

citadel 20:57 15 Mar 08

my favourite is lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts, from blood on the tracks. a whole feature film in a 9 minute song.

interzone55 21:15 15 Mar 08

His "Desire" album is my favourite, but I do like "The Freewheein'"

I've been a fan of Dylan since my teens (early 80's) when I picked him up along with The Smiths

Quickbeam 21:40 15 Mar 08

was when I discovered Dylan, but in '74, it's a mid sixtyish album.

You will love him, or hate him... there is no in-between with Dylan. I love his epic songs, 'Desolation Row', 'Hurricane', 'Wanted Man'...

As a persona, he's as boring as Lou Reed... he hasn't got one...

interzone55 21:45 15 Mar 08

Take a listen to Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour it's sporadically on Radio Two & BBC 6 Music.

He has a fairly idiosyncratic sense of humour and plays a pretty amazing variety of music on the show.

Kemistri 21:55 15 Mar 08

I find Lou Reed very interesting in a way, but his nature and approach to media contact makes him enigmatic and inaccessible. The Culture Show did a special about him, with a lengthy interview, at the time of his Berlin revival gigs last year -- that was very interesting.

Desire, Another Side of..., Bringing it All Back Home, and The Times They Are a-Changin' (that has some awesome songs on it) are my favourites. My Dad got me into Dylan from a young age.

Quickbeam 21:59 15 Mar 08

I will... after all I did say I like him, but I know he's hard to like :)

interzone55 22:07 15 Mar 08

Speaking of people who are hard to like, Radio Two have had a Van Morrison week all week.

Now I do like a lot of his music, but he seems to be a very dis-likable person.

I heard Gay Byrne talking about a time Van Morrison appeared on the Late Late Show on RTÉ. Before the show Van Morrison asked Gay Byrne if he was nervious, when Byrne said no Van Morrison responded "well you should be, I'm not going to answer any questions" and true to his word he didn't speak a word for the whole "interview". He wasn't invited back...

Quickbeam 22:09 15 Mar 08

"but his nature and approach to media contact makes him enigmatic and inaccessible"

Too right!

I like his music too... but he's even harder than Dylan to like as a persona!

While we're on it, Lou Reeds 'Transformer', which I bought pretty much when it was a new release, is one of the worlds most influential and innovative albums.

Kemistri 22:12 15 Mar 08

It's a classic in its own unusual way.

wee eddie 22:42 15 Mar 08

Traitor!

You'll find out what I mean, in the course of time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5