I failed my British Citizenship Test...

Proclaimer 18:06 PM 28 Jan 13

No. of Questions: 12 Wrongly Answered: 5 Correctly Answered: 7

http://www.prepareuktest.co.uk/OnlineDemo/

I don't think I can be kicked out though, I was born here. :)

sunnypete 18:22 PM 28 Jan 13

Don't bank on it...I got the same score. Most of the questions seem completely irrelevant ...

SillBill 18:27 PM 28 Jan 13

I passed 10 out of 12! but I had to guess the majority of these LUDICROUS questions.

SillBill 18:34 PM 28 Jan 13

I guessed wrong on when women were first elected to Parliament, I confused that answer with first being allowed to vote!

...and who the hell can tell the difference between Indians and Pakistanis?

Quickbeam 18:44 PM 28 Jan 13

9/12 for me, also by logical guess.

What irrelevant twaddle!

How many poorly rated comprehensive shcool white British kids have ever heard of the Huguenots

SillBill 18:48 PM 28 Jan 13

Quickbeam,

I dredged the correct answer to that one also by a logical guess!

Quickbeam 18:54 PM 28 Jan 13

SillBill I got that one right on account of having watched Henry of Navarre on DVD over Christmas!

fourm member 19:03 PM 28 Jan 13

Try the sample questions in the Guardian. They are quite straightforward.

The ones in Proclaimer's link do seem to be harder. It's lucky that site sells books to help you brush up and pass.

SillBill 19:04 PM 28 Jan 13

Quickbeam

I watched La Reine Margot some time ago but I'm damned If I can remember any Huguenots or were they the victims of the St Bartholomew's day massacre?

csqwared 19:17 PM 28 Jan 13

9 out of 12!! Like Quickbeam, logical guesses. The fact they have a test for Urdu speakers tickled me. I thought the point was to have applicants with a reasonable standard of English.

Quickbeam 19:19 PM 28 Jan 13

Yes, they were the victims of the St Bartholomew's day massacre. The film's quite good but in French with subtitles.

The St Valentines Day massacre in Some Like It Hot is much lighter to take in...

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…