I do not like the pop-ups here...

Z1100 23:58 14 Nov 06

and by here I mean on the forum. It is so annoying to have a pop-up block my vision when reading the text.

Yes, ok, don't move the mouse. Then it won't pop-up. Well grrrrr. I can still not like it.

I can put up with it, but I think I seen a 'wish list' here earlier, I think I might just wish for the pop-up ads to pop off.

Hanx!
K.

(ok, now that is out the way it's full speed into Christmas)

g0slp 00:14 15 Nov 06

This has been debated/ranted about (take your pick...) in the past. These ads are necessary to fund the site; most forum members understand this.

Sorry!

Z1100 00:19 15 Nov 06

I it will come up more and more as 'newbies' like me gather round the forum and think 'what the heck is all this advertising!?' It's a bit heavy when there is 'inteligent text' not to mention scary... ;)

Hanx!
K.

p;3 01:12 15 Nov 06

I understand about the funding etc but I will say this; one ad in particular is annoying me that scrolls down the page when I go to the top of the forum and I have to be especially careful not to click on it; it is becoming very intrusive and annoying

ashdav 01:20 15 Nov 06

which one ?
I find the "Battle of all time/Heroscape" thing below the text box stops the cursor appearing when it's on the screen.

ashdav 01:21 15 Nov 06

I've told the FE about this but got no resonse.

p;3 01:29 15 Nov 06

I think it is for a cannon printer but, as sods law would have it, it aintagonna do it when I wants it to!!

p;3 01:29 15 Nov 06

correction ; it IS that one; just done it for me::))

ashdav 01:33 15 Nov 06

Hmm. I think he's watching.
The advert's gone.

ashdav 01:33 15 Nov 06

No. Just came back.

Kate B 13:44 15 Nov 06

Use Firefox, and install the Adblock FiltersetG and noscript extensions and you will never see another pop-up again. Or indeed any other advert. What counts for websites is page impressions - websites can boast to their advertisers about how many page views they have per day, it doesn't actually matter if you don't see the advert.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant