I can't wear a watch......

Diemmess 11:09 02 Jun 10

Well I have no problems, but my wife has with a Tissot automatic.

There is an immense amount on the topic on Google but the posts talk of watches stopping in use.

My other half has no problem with Quartz movements.
The Tissot was rescued after years of dubious attention and serviced by a true enthusiastic craftsman.
Wound once a day and turned over regularly it keeps excellent time on a dresser.
But if she wears it, then it immediately starts to gain and by approximately one hour every five.

The watchmaker has had it back, put it on test gear which replicates arm movement, even worn it for long periods with the aid of velcro and sticky tape. No problem shows up for him.

This is weird; and before any posts start to become "silly" it would be nice to hear from anyone with a like experience.

jakimo 11:15 02 Jun 10

Not quite the same problem as you,but if I wear a watch for more than 2 days it leaves a burn mark on my wrist

Snec 11:16 02 Jun 10

Yup, my wife is just the same, even with expensive watches that I have bought for her in an attempt to overcome the problem.

She has, for years now, taken to wearing a nurses watch when she does actually have a need to know the time when she is out and about.

wee eddie 12:27 02 Jun 10

Every one he tried, failed on him.

No apparent damage, each one just gave up the ghost after a few days.

Mark5001 12:47 02 Jun 10

My father was the same. Every watch he ever had stopped working after five or so minutes of being on his wrist. Take it off and it would start again.

Diemmess 14:42 02 Jun 10

......this one (like my OH) is special.
The wretched watch doesn't stop, it gets a 20% boost over real time.
Yesterday was the last time she wore it, after a 4 day rest (the watch).
Same result, within the hour there was a huge speed-up. Taking the watch off her wrist again, it took a couple of hours to return to a proper pace.

I have another watch given to my father as an engagement prsent. He wore it for about 50 years.
This too has been refurbished after about 30 years in a drawer and keeps good time on my wrist.

'Think I'll lend it to her and see what happens to that.

dastardly mutt 15:52 02 Jun 10

Try wearing watches where any metal parts touching your skin are made of titanium only. It may be an allergic reaction. I have the same problem.

amonra 16:20 02 Jun 10

Sometimes the problem is due to body-heat causing the thermal coefficient of some of the watch components to go berserk. Usually it is the fault of the oscillator crystal. With old analogue watches, the hairspring was affected by changes in temperature. Same principle, the "control" element goes haywire.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:16 02 Jun 10

My wife is the same, I've bought her wrist watches pendant watches and nurses watches but they all wont keep the right time when she is wearing them.

I think its and "alien thing" well shes pretty alien to me anyway :0)

spuds 18:39 02 Jun 10

Thought about contacting one of these click here (British Watch & Clock Makers Guild) click here (Swiss equivalent) who may have the solution!.

ronalddonald 18:47 02 Jun 10

I thinks your to remove the contraption the watch from the wrist before retiring to bed bys.

hence resume upon waking and washing the place the darn contraption onto the wrist so one can note the time and pose their watch in public, yet when asked what time is it quarter two ?? or 3 mins past?

where the old fashion person will say ten minutes to 4 o'clock so get clocking and watching for favorite watch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…