I am going to St. Albans at the end of the month. fri-sat-sun...

Aitchbee 21:16 14 Sep 11
Answered

...on a bus holiday with my girl-friend, to see 'We Will Rock You' a musical inspired by one of my favourite rock bands, Queen.The venue is in Covent Gardens.What has St. Albans got to offer? Thanks in anticipation. HB.

Forum Editor 22:59 14 Sep 11
Answer

"The venue is in Covent Gardens"

Actually the venue is The Dominion theatre in Tottenham Court road, not Covent garden (only one garden) although not far from it.

"What has St. Albans got to offer?"

It's a city that was once the largest Roman town in Britain; you can still see the remains of some of the Roman buildings in Verulamium Park. If you fancy a drink in one of the oldest pubs in the country, go to The old fighting cocks, which is also in the park.

They have a food and drink festival every year which usually starts before the end of September. My wife and I often visit St Albans when that's on - we live only 30 minutes away.

St Albans is the home of the Royal National Rose Society, and the gardens are well worth a visit if you like roses.

Otherwise, St.Albans is a lovely old place - lots of character, and interesting shops.

morddwyd 07:01 15 Sep 11

I'll second the Rose Gardens.

I used to make a 50 mile trip several times every summer to visit.

Can't speak about the rest of the place though, we only ever went to the gardens!

Aitchbee 07:54 15 Sep 11

Thanks guys - it will be nice to see the Roman buildings and visit the old pubs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now