I am about to commit an act of gross vandalism

rawprawn 17:47 02 Jun 08

After spending many hours trying to perfect my computer's performance, I have to take it back for repair on Thursday.
On Wednesday afternoon I shall be destroying anything which may have personal details. There are a lot of programs with sensitive information, and I will have to uninstall all of them, then wipe free space.
I shall then be absent for about 4 weeks. I am devastated!

Forum Editor 18:03 02 Jun 08

already.

iambeavis 18:11 02 Jun 08

Was it one "tweak" too many or just an unfortunate, and unavoidable, occurence?

rawprawn 18:14 02 Jun 08

Thank you and I shall miss you Too!

wiz-king 18:14 02 Jun 08

Make an back-up image on something like Acronis, then wipe the hard drive ( with a hammer) after making sure that you have the programe disk - just in case.
I always store any downloaded programs in a folder in 'my documents' so I can find them again without trying to remember where I downloaded them from. I also put all the serial numbers/codes in a Excel file so I can find them again.
When the hard drive crashed on my machine last year the back-up proved invaluable - even though it was a month since I had last updated it.

rawprawn 18:16 02 Jun 08

Just an unavoidable occurence,my laptop keyboard is failing, and needs replacing.
Tinkerers Unite, all is not lost.

rawprawn 18:18 02 Jun 08

Done that, thank you for the advice. I hope to be able to get back to normallity with the help of Acronis.

mrwoowoo 18:18 02 Jun 08

Is there no way that the Helproom could resolve the issue for you without taking it in for repair?

mrwoowoo 18:19 02 Jun 08

OOPS,too slow.
Don't think we can help with that.

rawprawn 18:39 02 Jun 08

Thank you fot the thought.

rawprawn 18:42 02 Jun 08

Fortunately I am going to Italy for 10 days, so that will make the withdrawal sypmtoms easier to bear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…