http://www.clearoutclub.com/

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 09:28 23 Dec 04

hi,on the website above they have tons of dirt cheap items,although there is a 90$ one off member fee,but if you register before 12 its $20 with a free ipod?.is this a scam?.cheers.ben

€dstowe 10:08 23 Dec 04

Remember the saying - If it seems too good to be true then it is.

AVOID!

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 10:09 23 Dec 04

yeah,probly.

bremner 10:11 23 Dec 04

Initial thought brought bargepoles to mind.

However even if it is as good as it looks you will have to add shipping and taxes and that in truth that could add in excess of 50% to the costs.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:52 23 Dec 04

It is a matrix scam and should be avoided like teh plague.

Dorsai 12:19 23 Dec 04

The thing that puts me off is

"Please note that you are currently browsing the Club in preview mode, which allows non-members an opportunity to preview a /very limited selection of sample items at sample prices/"

They are only letting me, as a non member, see a 'carfully pruned' list of items. Whats the bet that once you sign up, you find that the 'normal stock' is of a higher price and/or a lower quality.

If it was as good as they want you to think, surley they would be hapy to show /all/ their stock to prospective members?

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 16:28 23 Dec 04

V true,ill give that one a miss.

Valvegrid 17:23 23 Dec 04

It reminds me of those auctions that used to do the rounds which was featured on Watch Dog a couple of years ago, so easy to get sucked in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…