HSBC loses customers' data disc

royalflush 10:38 07 Apr 08

Here we go again its starting to loo like a fasion dont you think..??

click here

lofty29 14:22 07 Apr 08

Now we know where the guy who resigned from HMRC go his next job

€dstowe 14:59 07 Apr 08

I wish someone could/would explain to me why this data has to be transferred by physical means on disks, tapes whatever. What is wrong with a telephone line and electronic transmission? Someone did say to me once that this wasn't a secure way but, the way things are frequently being demonstrated to us, it would be better than the current method.

Totally-braindead 15:09 07 Apr 08

€dstowe I completely agree with you. I don't understand it either.

peter99co 16:05 07 Apr 08

I used to transmit data 20 years ago by Modem to a Banking System. A data disc was created and transmitted and the other end produced a Payroll. All controlled by Passwords and encryption. Nothing could get lost or stolen.

peter99co 19:57 07 Apr 08

This chap wishes he had used HSBC

click here

josie mayhem 21:14 07 Apr 08

Does it really take rocket sicence to determin that the problem with moving important data that they want to keep secure be it a government department or large national company, from one of there sites to another....

That intrusting said data to a external delivery provider isn't the wisest choice at all... surley in the long run and for secruity, it might prove much cheaper and safer to actually send the boss with said data from the said department/site to the reciveing site...

Simple

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…