How will Comet explain this?

Cannuck 21:56 27 Jan 07

Looking for a new washing machine for a friend.

Couldn't believe the price difference at these 2 stores, for the same item.

click here
and
click here

I think the difference is a little over the top, don't you.

How can Comet justify such a mark up, as I'm sure the other company is still making a good profit at their price.

Cannuck

Jak_1 22:01 27 Jan 07

The answer is simple, go for the cheaper option!

postie24 22:04 27 Jan 07

Even cheaper click here

Cannuck 22:11 27 Jan 07

I know the answer is simple, I was just trying to stir some comment on the huge price difference.

Cannuck

Jak_1 22:15 27 Jan 07

Basically, a shop will charge whatever customers are willing to pay. It may be worth doing a short survey to see if the price of other items differ by the same percentage.

Zaphod 3 22:16 27 Jan 07

Buy it over the phone and price match them

Main Access 23:02 27 Jan 07

i wonder id they will be having a sale after a month?

Tim1964 23:20 27 Jan 07

It might be a special offer as the site has the machine I bought from Comets last week for £20 more.

josie mayhem 00:00 28 Jan 07

comet isn't the only company that does this...

I needed to replace my glucoes monitor the other month, so of course I look in the lloyds pharmacey attached to my doctors surgey the one I decided on was over £48, so I decided not to buy on that day. As I needed to go into town I decided to stop 1/3 miles down the road in there other pharmacey to check what other meters they had. Guess what they had the same meter for £23.50! Same company lloyds pharmacey!

The only assumption I can make as I must go to the posh doctors....

Cannuck 01:22 28 Jan 07

I am diabetic too, and I was in my diabetic nurse's office about a month ago, and she asked me if I wanted a new Glucose meter.

She had about 4 different makes and told me the manufacturers are now giving them away for free.

They did this in Canada about 10 years ago, the logic being that they give you a free meter and you purchase their test strips. That's where they make their money.

Too bad nobody told you about this.

Cannuck

Cannuck 01:26 28 Jan 07

It's amazing the difference in price in a lot of the washing machines, and some were more expensive at the "cheaper" store, but I thought that nearly double the price was a bit much, especially when it was nearly £600.00 more

Cannuck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…