How to wash car using a Karcher

ponytail 09:57 09 May 15
Answered

I would like to use my Karcher to clean my car but am unsure as to how to go about it. I have a Karcher K2.400 washer and I have a foam nozzle and the car shampoo.I am presuming I put the shampoo into the nozzle but do I dilute it first or use it undiluted.When the nozzle is connected to the trigger I am presuming that the water will come through the nozzle which will probably dilute the shampoo.Has anyone used a Karcher to clean their car using the foam nozzle.Any advice appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:05 09 May 15
  rdave13 11:35 09 May 15
  bumpkin 12:39 09 May 15

Tried it myself with every fitting imaginable, waste of time far easier faster and better with a bucket and sponge and a leather.

bumpkin 12:43 09 May 15

You can't do the door openings anyway with a pressure washer for obvious reasons.

wee eddie 13:54 09 May 15

Wet the Car > Spray on the foam > Rub the car down with either a brush or a sponge > Spray the foam off the car

ponytail 14:42 09 May 15

Hi Rumpelteazer No there are no instructions for this particular job in fact the instruction manual is pretty basic.

wee eddie 14:46 09 May 15

What's wrong with my instructions. that's how we clean the Taxis and Busses. Does it not tell the whole tale. What have I missed out?

bumpkin 20:59 09 May 15

wee eddie, fine for washing multiple vehicles like busses and taxi's and your explanation is not too difficult to understand:-) For a family car by the time you have got all the gear out and connected up you may as well use a bucket of hot water and a sponge, you have to sponge it down anyway for a reasonable result even with a power wash.

BT 09:10 10 May 15

My Pressure washer isn't a Karcher but to apply shampoo you have to turn the nozzle to the low pressure position where it mixes the shampoo into the water, then twist to high pressure to rinse off.

wee eddie 15:40 10 May 15

Bumpkin, I agree with you. Boys toys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…