How smart?

lisa02 21:45 07 Nov 06

Anyone got a smart oven? I just read the packaging on some Garlic Dough balls from Marks and Spencer.

Apparently it is the best of microwave, grilling and convection oven in one. You scan the barcode on the pack and the smart oven knows exactly what to do.

lisa02 21:46 07 Nov 06

I posted it in the wrong area... oops.

lisa02 21:54 07 Nov 06

click here

How cool (or hot) is that! It's top of my xmas list now.

jakimo 21:54 07 Nov 06
  josie mayhem 22:36 07 Nov 06

Personaly I wouldn't trust a barcode to cook my food....

People become complaceant, that's when the danger comes... They forget to double check i.e does it look cooked, is it piping hot in the middle ect...

The barcode says yes, so it must be cooked!!! But is it?

I cook for a living, but I still rely on the old fashion method of testing to see if meat/dish is cooked or not, I do use a temperture probe because I have to enter a temperture into my HACCP paperwork, but the temp is always second check not my first...

wiz-king 05:51 08 Nov 06

Not enough information in a bar-code to cook the food properly. Too many outside influences, to get it to work you would have to know the storage temperature of the food, and how the person eating it likes the food. Does he/she want it warm, hot, or really steaming hot. I suppose it has an built in infra-red thermometer but that will only measure the outside temperature not the 'inner glow'.
'Toys for boys' is the phrase that comes to mind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…