How slow is this site?

mbc 22:50 06 Nov 13

Why does the PCA site take ages to load? Every other site I visit is super fast, but not this one. Does any one else have this problem? As an example this is the second time I have tried to post this thread. The first was only minutes ago and it seemed to lock for ages before failing. I hope this gets through because I do not want to type this lot again. Wish me luck.

Pine Man 08:00 07 Nov 13

You are definitely not the only one with this problem.

Excellent advert for computer 'experts' isn't it.

xania 10:12 07 Nov 13

Perhaps this site is too popular?

oresome 13:20 07 Nov 13

It does take ages to load the adverts and then the guy on the left grins at me.......can't help thinking he looks like one of the Miliband brothers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:19 07 Nov 13

it does take ages to load the adverts

a good ad blocker sorts that out

However the site does seem to be playing up again had to log in when posting for the second time in the help room but it took me back to the first thread and I had to re do the second thread, weird.

mbc 15:32 07 Nov 13

Fruit Bat-I had a similar experience when I clicked on 'Post', I was taken to the log-on screen, even though I was already logged on. The silence from PCA is ominous-do you think anyone is at home?

Edited to remove inappropriate suggestion. FE

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:54 07 Nov 13

No that won't do it, and we don't want to upset any viewers of the site.

Just use the name of next months festival season, before the 1st of Dec, to invoke the FE wrath ;0)

Forum Editor 16:24 07 Nov 13

*Fruit Bat /\0/*

The embargo is now lifted on 25th November, just to show what an old softie I am.

onthelimit1 18:07 07 Nov 13

FE - bah Humbug!

mbc 18:12 07 Nov 13

To preserve my good name, I did not use any swear word or profanity. It was just a childs name for one's posterior. Where's your sense of humour , China? Please leave this in, please.

Forum Editor 18:38 07 Nov 13

"Where's your sense of humour , China?"

It's alive and well, thanks, but you missed the point. I didn't say you posted an inappropriate word, I said I removed an inappropriate suggestion. The word 'bum' is likely to offend nobody, including me, but I'm afraid that suggesting to people that they post rude words on the forum to see if we're awake was not my idea of fun.

Your good name is intact as far as I'm concerned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…