how should these thugs be punished

ronalddonald 08:22 22 Jul 10
  Quickbeam 08:25 22 Jul 10

By summary public thrashings.

morddwyd 08:37 22 Jul 10

By prosecution under the law and then, if convicted, some community service for the charity involved.

Quickbeam 08:44 22 Jul 10

I'll bet that my method would work better...

interzone55 09:19 22 Jul 10

Crime was still rife in Victorian times when they still carried out public thrashings.

All corporal punishment does is brutalise the whole of society.

peter99co 09:28 22 Jul 10

In this case I agree with Quickbeam.

Quickbeam 09:35 22 Jul 10

We don't seem to have un-brutalised society in the last century by becoming more 'civilised' towards the transgressors of the law.

HondaMan 09:53 22 Jul 10

Hear, hear. Public floggings reveal these people for the cowards they really are.

mike40 09:55 22 Jul 10

I am with Quickbeam on this. There is no real deterent any more in this country. Prison is a doddle. The only thing that people are really afraid of is physical pain. So if they dish out pain then give them a dose of their own medicine. Brutal - no - common sense.

mr simon 10:25 22 Jul 10

We live in a civilised society and have prisons so that we don't have to resort to the 'eye for an eye' public floggings.

If prison life is a doddle then that's a separate issue that should be addressed.

bonmol 10:45 22 Jul 10

whats the reason ,to be lawful? they know any punishment ,will be a doddle,that the law is terrified of the expense of jailing anybody.
driving while disqualified,easy ! all the law does is disqualify for another period,
assault,,,,,community order .ect.ect
all the criminals know,that the law has no teeth.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…