How ridiuclous can you get

Kevscar1 07:41 AM 17 Nov 12

Evidently they are considering passing a law to ban teenagers carrying passengers who are not part of their family. How many thousands are still driving around texting and talking on their mobile this would be yet another unenforcable law

morddwyd 12:36 PM 22 Nov 12

"Bullying a child into submission is a coward's way"

There is a vast difference between bullying, i.e. real violence, and gentle chastisement when normal reasoning has failed,which most people are referring to here.

I don't suppose I struck my son more than half a dozen times in his life, never anywhere but on the buttocks, never hard enough to mark the skin, and never hard enough to hurt. He already had so much respect, not fear, for me that the very fact that I did such a thing was enough to show him how upset I was.

That was not instilling fear but as much a part of my love for him as the hug he subsequently got when all was forgiven.

Perhaps we should forget the emotive language and recognize that while no-one is advocating violence against children, or anyone else for that matter (I don't even care to watch boxing) there are genuinely held differing fields of thought on this.

lotvic 12:47 PM 22 Nov 12

Bing.alau I think it is because you used ` at each end of text instead of ' or "

what do you think?

carver 15:45 PM 22 Nov 12

This is the reason accident statistics are so bad enter link description here for younger people, I think a smack on the back of the forehead wouldn't have gone amiss with any of these.

Aitchbee 16:05 PM 22 Nov 12

Toys like these ... which are suitable for 3-year-olds and over

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/specialbuys327830.htm

... probably don't help matters :o[

Aitchbee 16:07 PM 22 Nov 12

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/specialbuys327830.htm

try the above link, please.

Aitchbee 16:09 PM 22 Nov 12
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 review: Why the new Start menu, Edge browser, new apps and Cortana make Windows 10 the…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Help Dan Rubin curate galleries of Adobe Stock images – and you could win a year's Creative Cloud

iPhone 6c release date rumours and images | Expect iPhone 6c to be Apple Pay ready