How quickly one can forget stuff

SparkyJack 09:25 AM 05 Nov 11

I 'hung up' Windows a couple of months ago and now run my only current machine with Ubuntu-

The other day one of the flock phoned in distress claiming she had 'lost everything' and could not get on line etc.

So I went to see what what was what and found I was at a loss as to what to do - where as only a month or so ago I was sorting similar problems for her and others.

I guess I shall have to resurrect a Windows Machine- if only to keep up with the machinations of uncle Bills crew.

The good lady eventually got sorted by one of those nice guys at Virgin- she later told me

Aitchbee 09:59 AM 05 Nov 11

It's good to have a dabble at everything in life, then, have a personal refresher course on things twenty years on...you may surprise yourself at just how good you STILL are!

Crosstrainer2 16:04 PM 05 Nov 11

I "Gave Up" Windows a while ago, and now run Mac only. I still get regular calls from friends in need of help. Yesterday I replaced a hard drive in a friends Mothers machine, and re-installed Windows Vista.

What shocked me was the sheer amount of time it takes to perform a clean install.....Her retail copy was minus any service packs, and even with my fast BB connection, the process took me some 3-4 hours to complete.

I must admit, I am happier in my Mac world these day's, but it's good to keep your hand in.

Aitchbee 17:08 PM 07 Nov 11

Tony Buzan has authored lot's of books on improving your memory.

If you have got a good imagination, then you can improve your recall of hundreds of lists.

Tony Buzan will guide you through it.

Your local library will have some of his books.

sunnystaines 07:54 AM 08 Nov 11

"if you dont use it you loose it"

applies to many things in life

SparkyJack 08:20 AM 08 Nov 11

Sunnystaines Oh yes- Reminding I do not need- various bits of me and mine no longer function for that very reason ;-(

Aitchbee 20:51 PM 08 Nov 11

I hope my memories of using an Amiga 1000 come back to me, when I dust it down, and reconnect.I don't foresee any problems.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…