How much would you pay a month for a 100Mbps internet connection?

PC Advisor 16 May 12

We want to know what you think is an acceptable amount to pay for a 100Mbps superfast broadband connection.

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: How much would you pay a month for a 100Mbps internet connection?

mobileman1953 16 May 12

no more than £30 per month

john bunyan 16 May 12

My 9 - 10 Mbps woks fine for the things I need - including iPlayer. Unless you expect to use it for a lot of HD video, I do not know why such high speeds are needed. They should concentrate on a more universal move to 10Mpbs in all locations. I would pay a bit more, say £20 - £25

Aitchbee 16 May 12

...an arm and a leg...seriously.

canarieslover 16 May 12

Price would be very dependent on download limit rather than ultimate speed. What's the point of having that sort of speed if you can exceed your limit in a few hours?

lotvic 16 May 12

Spot on canarieslover and john bunyan, my thoughts exactly.

Input Overload 16 May 12

I pay around £30 a month for 100 with VM which I get. I get unlimited downloads, if I were to use torrents which I never do I could get my speed capped at peak times if I exceeded a set limit for that day, I've never had my speed capped. I'm quite happy to pay the amount I do & personally consider it money well spent.

Quickbeam 17 May 12

I've just had mine upgraded for free from 10mb to 20mb. 1mb is sufficient for my needs, so I wouldn't pay for anymore than the basic Virgin service costs.

dms_05 17 May 12

OpenReach announce 330 Mbps download / 20 or 30 Mbps upload.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5236-pricing-for-openreach-330-mbps-service-announced.html

Standard price £25/month. Intro offer £15/month.

Knocks the bottom out of the £17.99 for 5 Mbps offerings.

cycoze 17 May 12

£25 to £30 would be acceptable.

Would much prefer to see the whole country get a fully stable connection of say 20Mpbs first though! still on 2Mpbs here in the sticks, runs very haphazard speeds.

wee eddie 17 May 12

If they would guarantee to deliver more than 3MB, I might even consider offering a price

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message