How Much Do You Use?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 PM 01 Jun 11
Answered

We all keep complaining about the slowness of posting but do you realise how big this site is?

Having read the new Mag I thought I would have a look at the Winter Photo pictures (no link printed in Mag) so did a search on the site, ended up looking at all sorts of different things like photo advisor etc. before finding the pics.

That's when I realised even though I spend a lot of time on the site I only use a small proportion of it mostly Helproom and Speakers Corner.

So how much of the site and what parts do you use?

lucky1 17:36 PM 01 Jun 11

I regularly 'wander off' to the 'Shopping' section and the 'How To' tutorials etc. It's very true what you say, there's a whole lot of information just waiting to be discovered here.

Blackhat 18:21 PM 01 Jun 11

Speakers corner is always my first port off call, daytime hourly, evenings on and off. During the day I will look at almost all of the forums but rarely post anywhere other than speakers corner.

Not just this site to consider, A while ago I started using a web site for atmospheric imagery and only found out that it had its own discussion/chat room after about a year, all I was doing was looking at pictures! After becoming more involved I am now an administrator/editor of the chat room as well as organising functions and meeting other members.

I have no idea how I first came across PCA it was over 6 years ago that I registered.

sunnystaines 18:26 PM 01 Jun 11

following forums

helproom consumer speakers beginers

occasionly but not often windows7 mobile

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:14 PM 02 Jun 11

As well as Using little of the site I find its the same with some software packages especially the MS ones.

MS Word, I use all the time to write training documents but there are very many features that I never use in it.

spuds 14:18 PM 02 Jun 11
Answer

You have raised a good point about software packages, that perhaps people only require certain parts of the package. But I wonder how many people would object, if some of these parts were missing or didn't work to the purchaser's precise requirements?.

But coming back to the original question. I probably use less than a quarter of this website (Helproom- Consumerwatch- Speakers Corner), and similar in others forums I use. It is not a case that the items might not interest me on occasions, more perhaps of becoming involved with them as a long term antidote for something else.

CurlyWhirly 23:10 PM 03 Jun 11

Fruit Bat "Having read the new Mag"

That reminded me, I miss the picture of the latest PCA magazine on the new forum format !

CurlyWhirly 23:15 PM 03 Jun 11

I regularly browse the following forums:

Consumerwatch, Speakers Corner, Networking, Absolute Beginners, Digital Home, Windows Vista and Games.

Soon I'll be adding the Windows 7 forum to the list as I plan on installing Windows 7 on my new 120 GB SSD drive, probably tomorrow !

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:21 PM 06 Jun 11

Time to close this one I think :0)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…