How Much Compensation for an Insurance Complaint?

Cara2 21:02 12 Apr 15

I returned to my original thread in Speakers Forum(as titled above),but could not update as thread is now locked.

However, I did want to post the outcome of my complaint to the Ombudsman as I promised I would, and I also felt in might help others with a similar problem

Several months on, the matter has been resolved (holiday insurance complaint) through mediation via the Ombudsman's Adjudicator negotiating between the insurance company and myself. Had we not reached an amicable solution at this point, my complaint would have then escalated to the Ombudsman.

I am happy to report I am now awaiting a final settlement cheque of £300 and the matter is now closed.

If anybody is inclined to turn to the Ombudsman with a similar complaint I can say, from my experience, it was uncomplicated and everyone I dealt with were most helpful.

I hope this helps anyone in a similar situation.

Aitchbee 15:32 13 Apr 15

Thanks for your feedback, Cara2.

On a similar note ... I noticed in today's Metro [front page] that a married couple received £500 compensation when the Financial Ombudsman Service ruled that HSBC 'was guilty of ageism' after turning them down a £250,000 loan for a mortgage.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…