How many scripts are running on this page?

knockin on 20:47 PM 15 Jul 11
Answered

and how many times must Google keep me waiting to read a page whilst they track/analyse and spy on me. It now takes 2 to 3 seconds after selecting a page for it to even begin loading, whilst a little message ' waiting for google...' appears at the bottom of my screen. They are running at least 5 scripts on this page alone.

I am less and less interested in digging through the dross to find value here.. sad.

rdave13 21:08 PM 15 Jul 11

"In the context of the World Wide Web, Perl, VBScript, and similar script languages are often written to handle forms input or other services for a Web site and are processed on the Web server. A JavaScript script in a Web page runs "client-side" on the Web browser". Not been interested in Web designing it looks as these scripts are necessary. My AV usually blocks or warns of the bad ones. That's the internet for you, information highway, both ways.

woodchip 21:23 PM 15 Jul 11

They are used for Adds on the Page, its got to be payed for some how. Things are not free in day and age

woodchip 21:24 PM 15 Jul 11
Answer

PS if you do not want it, turn Java Script off in your Browser while you are hear

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites