How many members?

Migwell 07:11 04 Nov 04

How many members are there realy. Having re-joined at one time not having thought about my past membership to this forum I started to wonder what the true number of active current members was. Not just the total of people who have joined at some time or another and packed in using PCF for one reason or another. One might be No. 500 to join a club and leave after a while so your place becomes vacent and the number would then go back to 499. shurly there is an over statement saying 150,000 for this forum. Who knows in a few years we could reach 1,000,000 but best part of them could have been dead be then or given up with computers etc.

watchful 08:26 04 Nov 04

The number is probably too high as, although some may have registered once to post a question, they may never return and are still counted as a registered member. It doesn't really matter though, does it?

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:39 04 Nov 04

Does it matter?

G

Migwell 09:08 04 Nov 04

No not realy, but it would be interesting to know.

Example.

As in I work for a national retail chain and work on a till, some times I check how many customers I have served that day and hour also how much they have spent and work out the average. Like 425 customers spent £5706 you get an average basket spend = £13.42 and having been on the till that day for 8 Hours = 53.125 customers an hour. OK it't accurate but it makes it interesting all the same. All sorts of figures are interesting for diferent reasons.

Sethhaniel 10:17 04 Nov 04

and like to watch them all day ;)

Forum Editor 14:13 04 Nov 04

doesn't it? Mount Vesuvius is officially active and is classed as one of the world's most dangerous volcanoes, but it hasn't erupted since 1944.

Lots of forum members access the site at irregular intervals, but that doesn't make them any the less 'active' in our view.

Buchan 35 21:19 19 Nov 04

I agree with everyone in the context of the original question, but, take your average 69 year old and look ahead. In the year 2050 how many members will there be? I`d like to think that as well as adding members in the rolling figure machine, some consideration is made to deleting members who have "apparently" left the site. By then you`ve probably got your own PC Advisor sitting beside you. Anyway on this note it`s better to lighten up. Cheers everyone

Cook2 21:29 19 Nov 04

I'm dead but I still log on quite often, so count me in. \;]

dan 11 22:15 19 Nov 04

Sorry to hear of your demise. Hope you feel better soon. lol

Salinger 22:46 19 Nov 04

Nothing to do with the price of Advertising, then?

Forum Editor 23:54 19 Nov 04

Errrm.....

Sorry? I'm probably missing your subtle point entirely, so apologies in advance, but just in case you were alluding to the possibility that the cost of advertising on this site is linked to the number of registrations then it's you who is wildly missing the point I'm afraid.

The figures that are shown to potential advertisers don't come from us at all - they're prepared by an independent and highly respected rating company which audits the site traffic figures for the advertising industry. Our server logs are monitored over a controlled period, and certified statistics showing the true traffic information are prepared for inspection by advertisers. So you see, the number of registrations is irrelevant in that respect, it's the actual numbers of people accessing the site which count, and those numbers are pretty impressive - just watch the type of companies who advertise with us and you'll see what I mean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…