How many forum members

mymate 08:31 09 Oct 10

Oh pinched this from Hotdeals and its old but i never seen it before

How many Forum Members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

3 to post that the light bulb could have been bought cheaper at ASDA

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another

6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 to hijack the thread and ask how to change the horn

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

wolfie3000 08:45 09 Oct 10

1 to post spam on how you can make money changing light bulbs.

jack 08:47 09 Oct 10

I'll go back to bed.

birdface 08:51 09 Oct 10

Must be bored.

lotvic 08:54 09 Oct 10

jack couldn't just change his lightbulb, he had to put up a whole new fitting.

morddwyd 09:05 09 Oct 10

3 to post similar experiences when changing a wheel, a five pound note and their shoes.

6 to post how much more difficult it was in the old days, and how modern light bulb changers have it easy.

Better shut up, getting a bit close to home there!

Seth Haniel 09:06 09 Oct 10

You forgot to mention the. 1 killjoy who replies first totaly killing the chance of there being a serious discussion. :(

flycatcher1 09:48 09 Oct 10

My Grandson is 6ft 5ins and always changes my light bulbs.

mymate 12:34 09 Oct 10

Seth Haniel.Yep you right.I think Jack got out the wrong side of them bed or didnt win the Euro Lottery.

jakimo 13:01 09 Oct 10

"1 killjoy who replies first totaly killing the chance of there being a serious discussion."

Surely you don't want 'Speakers Corner' to be known as the 'Silly Comment Forum'

ella33 18:26 10 Oct 10

1 to say I like number 19 that hasn't been done anywhere else!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…