how low will these greedy people

Quiller. 15:43 02 Aug 14

stoop. A salary of a million pounds, two country mansions worth 4 million and fare dodging.

click here

bumpkin 16:43 02 Aug 14

BSOD, can't see why you posted, are you surprised? I'm not. Just the sort of thing I would expect, a bit like MP's expenses. Don't worry, soon be forgotten and another job found for the unfortunate chap.

bumpkin 16:47 02 Aug 14

Blair and his hideous wife being a classic example of big scale greed.

Aitchbee 17:45 02 Aug 14

It's easy to make a mistake in Black Rock.

click here

spuds 00:07 03 Aug 14

I suppose it wouldn't take much, to find a number of similar incidents like this, and its only when cases like this are leaked, that the general public find out.

My main concern would be the role of the FCA had to play in this, and why it seems to not want to proceed further, and perhaps more so if any regulations have been broken.

Forum Editor 07:07 05 Aug 14

spuds

"My main concern would be the role of the FCA had to play in this, and why it seems to not want to proceed further"

I don't know where you got the idea that the FCA didn't want to proceed further. It started an investigation into this man, but that stopped when he resigned because he was then no longer working in the financial sector. If he tries to get another similar job he will have to re-apply, and his past misconduct will be taken into consideration - he wouldn't get another job in finance.

The role of the FCA in this context is to authorise (or deauthorise) firms and individuals within the financial services industry. If you're not authorised by the FCA you cannot carry on regulated activities in the field. The FCA can bring criminal prosecutions, and it tends to work with the Police in this regard. In this case a Police investigation is ongoing.

spuds 11:10 05 Aug 14

"I don't know where you got the idea that the FCA didn't want to proceed further. It started an investigation into this man, but that stopped when he resigned because he was then no longer working in the financial sector. If he tries to get another similar job he will have to re-apply, and his past misconduct will be taken into consideration"

"he wouldn't get another job in finance." Forum Editor, I only wish I had your confidence and experience on these matters.

Yet again the supposedly Watchdogs have failed the public again, and perhaps washed their hands of the whole affair. Saying that he no longer worked in the financial sector, is a lame excuse. Bit like Fred Goodwin trying to stop people referring to him as a banker, when he clearly stated that he wasn't a banker, yet he held the reins of one of the UK's largest financial arms?.

Had that been an 'ordinary member' of the public, I wonder what the outcome would have been. Would the 'mistake' or 'oversight' of fare dodging been dealt with such leniency. We'll probably find the outcome of that, after the police investigation, and whether there is a case to answer that warrants a prosecution?.

BillSers 12:24 05 Aug 14

Another criminal act is the amount an annual season ticket costs nowadays.

spuds 13:00 05 Aug 14

"Another criminal act is the amount an annual season ticket costs nowadays"

Its not just annual season tickets, but fares in general. If you have the time to spare, try comparing various journeys across the UK. A simple break in a journey from point A to point B can saves a lot of money. Yet the two destinations are the same.

woodchip 21:41 05 Aug 14

Talking about Corruption! what about F1 Boss Buying is way out of court to the tune of £60,000,000

BillSers 08:26 06 Aug 14

I find it ironic the case brought against him was for corruption and bribery and he's paid off that amount in a way which looks like a massive bribe.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…