How Long?

rickf 08:56 20 Jun 08

Just wondered how long any of you have had your premium bonds and have you ever won anything? About to cash in mine and out the money somewhere else.

Quickbeam 09:06 20 Jun 08

I've had some in my name since I was born ('56)... never won a bloody thing!

J Cricket 09:44 20 Jun 08

I've had £500 for around eight years and never won anything. If you ever see the list of prizes and winners, they all go to people with the full £30,000 or thereabouts (the big prizes anyway).

Cymro. 11:04 20 Jun 08

I wonder what the statistics is on this one?
Is it possible to calculate how much you would get if the same amount of money were put in a average sort of savings account against the amount you could expect to win with average sort of luck with premium bonds.

Yes I do know that you can`t rely on average luck with premium bonds, but there must be some sort of figure that could be calculated to compare the certainty of a savings account against the average that you could expect to win with premium bonds.

charmingman 11:16 20 Jun 08

my wifes friend Aparently won 30K a couple of weeks ago BUT dont hold your breath cause i havent spoken to her since & until i do i dont belive it...besides if she had i am sure it would of been in the local paper..i'll let you know as we are having a BBQ in the next fortnight & she's invited..

peter99co 11:52 20 Jun 08

I won £10 in 1970 with £3 pounds worth of bonds. Nothing since!

interzone55 11:57 20 Jun 08

I've had £10 of bonds since I was born - 1969, and never won a penny...

charmingman
If your wife's friend requested privacy, her winnings wouldn't be revealed. It's the same with the Pools & Lottery.
Not everyone wants a big win revealed to prevent begging letters and pressure from friends & relatives.
Like the old saying, "where there's a will, there's a long lost cousin"

Why wont it work 13:39 20 Jun 08

I have no idea what the value of my premium bonds are (my parents got me some when I was born), but I did win £50 a few weeks ago which was nice. (Very helpful being a student and all).

rickf 14:13 20 Jun 08

Held mine for over 10yrs and never won a thing. Guess from the comments there lots like me.

Quickbeam 15:07 20 Jun 08

"Not everyone wants a big win revealed to prevent begging letters and pressure from friends & relatives."

I guess then that no one here will own up for fear of being bombarded with begging notes from the rest of the forum:)

bjh 15:15 20 Jun 08

I have won £50 on a holding of something like £50 over 40 years, so not that good. My sister had the same (present from a relative at birth), but has won £1000.

Twice.

Lucky sister, very nice sister... sweet sister....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…