//some 3rd party need geo

How do you like your desktop set out?.

Joe R 17:58 28 Mar 05

Just a thought i've had, brought on by a format, of a nephew's pc, where his desktop had so many shortcuts, it was almost impossible to see the background.

It's not really, the amount of shortcuts, but the fact that most of them were shortcuts to shortcuts, and a lot were programs uninstalled months ago.

I restrict my own desktop, ( 1280 x 1024 @ 85hz ), to as few shortcuts, i.e. My computer, recycle bin, my main partitions, dvd-rw and cd-rw, local area connection, and finally, my control panel.

Apart from these icons, anything that I use with regularity, goes into the quick launch toolbar.

I am interested to see how people organize their own desktops, and i,m always open to suggestions showing how desktops can be set up in different ways.

Andybear 18:20 28 Mar 05

I don't like icons cluttering up my desktop so all I've got is My Computer and the recycle bin. I've pinned the programmes that I use regularly, eg, Mailwasher, IE, Word plus a couple of others, to the Start Menu.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 18:46 28 Mar 05

One that's been round before ..click here

VoG II 21:25 28 Mar 05

I've had a (little) tidy up. click here

JaßîsFaß ˜ 21:36 28 Mar 05

That is tidier VoG™

Jarvo 21:50 28 Mar 05

but someones been playing with the links on the old post because there seems to be a lot of Japanese girls in place of desktops

mines hardly changed

click here

Jarvo

JaßîsFaß ˜ 21:52 28 Mar 05
  Starfox 22:07 28 Mar 05

Icons for My Computer and Recycle Bin.Blue Lace background and that's it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:00 29 Mar 05

Oh well you did ask......click here . Bare desktops are for whimps ;-)))

G

Starfox 00:03 29 Mar 05

There is always one who has to go over the top.:o)

The Spires 00:17 29 Mar 05

click here Gasp how does GANDALF <|:-)> sleep at night. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…