How do you decide! when buying music cds

mammak 22:15 11 Jun 07

I have for some time always purchased music online where I can sample before I buy and then decide whether I buy the whole Album or an individual track

Today however I was in Woolworth's shopping I heard this track that really got me (loved it) asked the assistant who the artist/Band was not one I normanly listen to but in what could only be described as a sad moment based solely on this one track I bought it,

for the last hour or so I have played it on the laptop there is only about 3 tracks out of 13 I will ever play again

I dont normally do this type of thing just wondered how everyone else made the decision on when to buy music and for what reason!

its just jumped to 4 tracks lol.

Totally-braindead 22:30 11 Jun 07

I'm similar to you, I tend to see if I like a few of the tracks before purchase.

Kev.Ifty 22:32 11 Jun 07

The last Album I bought on the strength of one track was 'Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood'. By DMX. The track was 'Slippin'.

It was about 3 or 4 years ago but the Album turned out to be totally awesome.

Forum Editor 22:47 11 Jun 07

I download everything I want from iTunes, and make up my own compilations. Very rarely do I listen to an album from start to finish.

Belatucadrus 00:19 12 Jun 07

I'm old fashioned I like to have a CD, downloads seem so ephemeral somehow.

Now what shall I go for next:- Rammstein, Hawkwind, Be Bop Deluxe or maybe The Archies

acxxxx 02:18 12 Jun 07

I buy music like games. Go through the reduced section in Woolworth, HMV etc and if I think the CD’s worth the money, buy it (4 to 5 songs per CD for a fiver is good).

Once downloaded 20 to 30 songs - Licences got all screwed up, couldn’t play them ever again and had to delete them. Give me something I can keep any day.

do-gull 10:36 12 Jun 07

Stick with it.I find that quite often the tunes you dislike, turn out to be the ones you listen to more in the long run, as they grow on you.

d
D.G

recap 12:34 12 Jun 07

"Today however I was in Woolworth's shopping I heard this track that really got me (loved it) asked the assistant who the artist/Band was not one I normanly listen to but in what could only be described as a sad moment based solely on this one track I bought it,"

I had a similar thing happen with me some time ago while I was in HMV.

Ended up buying all the artist CD's.

pj123 14:15 12 Jun 07

I don't buy CDs anymore either. I do roughly the same as the FE, although I haven't used itunes. I normally download from Tesco Music Downloads.

Alternatively, I record from digital satellite radio direct to a CD/RW disc and then edit out the bits I don't want and compile my own CDR.

Bingalau 15:20 12 Jun 07

The last 12" Vinyl I bought was Frank Sinatra singing "Love and Marriage" Only listened to it once and had to go abroad for a couple of years. When I got back it had disappeared along with a good few others. Nowadays I download from iTunes and make up my own CD's which then go in my 10 CD player in my car. They play at random and are much better than the offerings on the radio.

mammak 21:43 12 Jun 07

Kev.Ifty that sounds like something my son would listen to :-(

FE I to usually download my music from the Internet 7digital.com I have found good but I do like a taster of the Album before I buy and I find for myself the only way you can rate it is to listen to the whole Album,

Belatucadrus yeah got to admit I also always used like to have the original,

do-gull it is growing on me I like about 5 now so my £9.94 is becoming well spent :-)

recap really! who was the artist?

everyone else thanks for the input by the way the CD was Bon Jovi lost highway and the track that first got me is still doing it for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…