how do you cook baked potatoes

iqs 18:22 26 Nov 10

Hi,

Just wondering how you cook a baked potatoe ?

Do you slice it first,stick a fork in it,whats your preference.
Also how long do you bake it for?

I ask out of curiosity,because my last attempt at baked potatoes was a failure .

Thanks

Quickbeam 18:34 26 Nov 10
  IClaudio 18:37 26 Nov 10

Do you have a microwave? And if so, is it a combination microwave? This is the best way to cook a spud, and I was willing to pay several hundred pounds for a micro-combo, as a good baked spud is the best food on the planet :)

First, prick the spud with a fork, then wipe it with a good Olive Oil and sprinkle with Maldon Salt Crystals.

Set the microwave to Microwave for about 10 minutes (this depends on how many spuds you're cooking - 10 for one, and perhaps 2 extra minutes for each extra spud...) and then Grill for another 10 minutes.

This should give you a beautifully cooked potato with a fluffy inside and a crisp brown skin.

Mmmmmmmm, I'm off to make my dinner! ;)

karmgord 18:43 26 Nov 10

I like them crispy so I have heat high,to make sure the insides cook I always place a skewer through the middle.

john bunyan 18:58 26 Nov 10

Parboil them first.

Grey Goo 18:58 26 Nov 10

What a palaver. Microwave till softish then oven for 25 mins @220C, cut a cross in the top lever apart and slosh in the butter.

oresome 19:04 26 Nov 10

Baked potatos are already cooked!

IClaudio 19:06 26 Nov 10

'Parboil'? That would be good for roasts, though I don't personally think it's necessary. But not for Baked, they'd fall apart surely?

monkeyboy21 19:09 26 Nov 10

don't forget a little olive oil rubbed in to the skin followed by a spinkle of sea salt for a really crispy skin!

MBG

lotvic 19:11 26 Nov 10

I cut half way through lengthwise then half cut width 3 times
Microwave until cooked - about 10/12 mins for 2 spuds - with a piece of kitchen roll on top of them to keep moisture in, meanwhile ordinary oven is heating up to Gas 6
Take out of microwave discard kitchen paper and put spuds in ordinary oven straight onto oven shelf for 5 mins, turn them over if needed to make sure skin is nice and crispy.
That's it, ready in under 20 mins.

peter99co 19:11 26 Nov 10

Same as Grey Goo. Microwave in paper kitchen towel to soak up steam.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now