How do they do that!!

canarieslover 19:44 17 Sep 08

Several times recently I have had telephone calls of the "You have won a prize" type. Each time I put the phone down but the find that either it rings again immediately or that I have not succeeded in cutting off the call as the person the other end is still prattling on if I pick up the phone again. How do they override the phone cut-off?

jack 20:06 17 Sep 08

When you pick up the phone - the caller controls the call.
Try it
Get some one to call you and to -yatterwaway or play music

Now you try to cut it off.
You cant until they hang up

peter99co 20:09 17 Sep 08

It has been known for children to pick up a ringing phone and walk away. Leaves you without a phone until someone realizes. I did not know it could still happen though.

interzone55 20:16 17 Sep 08

And even better, if they're on a different network, such as cable phone or mobile, BT can't terminate the call either.

I had this when my brother called me from his mobile by accident (first name in his phone book, so a long press of 1 rings me) and I couldn't get the call cut off, I phoned BT from my mobile and because the call came from a mobile there was nothing they could do.

I ended up having to drive round to his house to tell him to end the call. After this happened a couple of times I made him enter a name before mine in his phone book...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…