How do they do that!!

canarieslover 19:44 17 Sep 08

Several times recently I have had telephone calls of the "You have won a prize" type. Each time I put the phone down but the find that either it rings again immediately or that I have not succeeded in cutting off the call as the person the other end is still prattling on if I pick up the phone again. How do they override the phone cut-off?

jack 20:06 17 Sep 08

When you pick up the phone - the caller controls the call.
Try it
Get some one to call you and to -yatterwaway or play music

Now you try to cut it off.
You cant until they hang up

peter99co 20:09 17 Sep 08

It has been known for children to pick up a ringing phone and walk away. Leaves you without a phone until someone realizes. I did not know it could still happen though.

interzone55 20:16 17 Sep 08

And even better, if they're on a different network, such as cable phone or mobile, BT can't terminate the call either.

I had this when my brother called me from his mobile by accident (first name in his phone book, so a long press of 1 rings me) and I couldn't get the call cut off, I phoned BT from my mobile and because the call came from a mobile there was nothing they could do.

I ended up having to drive round to his house to tell him to end the call. After this happened a couple of times I made him enter a name before mine in his phone book...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac