How do I learn to be a mind reader?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:44 30 Dec 09

over the internet -
and at home.

My wife expects me to read her mind all the time but I've got used to getting the silent treatment because I failed to "appreciate her needs".
"You knew what I wanted for Christmas" after buying the wrong thing even after not getting a reply after several times of asking. :0(

The helproom is just as bad, the number or threads where people expect help but give virtually no information appears to be on the increase.
With three windows operating systems being used at the moment and the variety of manufacturers and models on sale, "my PC won't start (boot?)" doesn't give us much to work on.

ronalddonald 20:53 30 Dec 09

however did she never gave you a hint, a little hint, any kinda of a hint, not a sausage. Man what can i say buy some flowery flowers and book a table for a romantic aromatic dinner for to and don't invite me but invite your other half.

If cant do that buy what she like to eat from a take away and sit in front of really good dvd and try again

ronalddonald 20:56 30 Dec 09

one more thing stop being fruit bat and start being husband

tullie 21:15 30 Dec 09

Another classic reply from R.mc

tullie 21:17 30 Dec 09

Why did i say that,for some reason i was thinking Ronald McDonald.

wiz-king 21:17 30 Dec 09

You don't - Just refer to yourself as 'the mushroom' - kept in the dark and having ordure heaped upon your head.

birdface 21:20 30 Dec 09

looks like we have another we have another victor Meldrew on the forum.
Welcome to the club.

I find it almost impossible to buy the wife anything at Xmas.
I don't want this and I don't want that.Don't buy me that because I don't want it.
With just a bit of luck I managed to get my daughter to buy a couple of little things and then gave her cash to buy anything else that she wanted.
It saves any arguments and she is happy enough for me to do it that way.
And when she offers to buy me anything.It's I don't want that I don't need that.
I think its just a case that the older you are the less that you need.
Always glad when Xmas is over.It is mostly for kids anyhow.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:28 30 Dec 09

The wife thing is not really a problem, I'm sure its a ploy she uses every year to get double the presents off me :0)

One way to drag me out to the sales.

Is it me or are people struggling to frame a question or explain themselves coherently nowadays?

rdave13 22:21 30 Dec 09

" Is it me or are people struggling to frame a question or explain themselves coherently nowadays?"
Iss yew. Gotting mucho elder. No eyedeah of lingo...no wot I meen mon?
Chris for kids nod aoults....maan grew upwards daddy!

Eargasm 22:36 30 Dec 09

Yes, Women can be so ungrateful...........

I spent a fortune on the wife's Christmas pressie

The Ironing board was superb quality as well! I just don't get it!

morddwyd 22:39 30 Dec 09

I started learning over forty years ago, but I never got to be very good.

My first lesson was St Valentine's Day 1961 when my girlfriend, now my wife, told me that she didn't believe in Valentine's cards, and they were just a silly con to make people spend money.

Obviously, then, I didn't send her one.

Needless to say she sent one to me!

(I actually still have it; who says men aren't romantic?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac