How do i get to become an MP

user8 15:56 20 May 09

I'm in the wrong job!
I want to become an MP and serve my local community whilst making a small living for myself.
Only live 20 miles from London, but will need a 2nd home.
Happy to stand for most parties.
Anyone able to offer advice can expect a brown paper envelope in exchange;-)

user8 17:26 20 May 09

Just bought a bath plug can i put it on my future expenses yet?

Armchair 17:34 20 May 09

There's nothing to stop you from standing for election.

cream. 18:17 20 May 09

independent candidate.

Quite a lot of the voting public are fed up with the three * main * parties and if you promote your scruples while canvassing, you should have a good chance.

you can then get on the gravy train, like the rest have done, AFTER you get elected.

Remember who gave you good advice and could be eligible as a ghost advisor @ £45K for a hour's advice per week.

peter99co 21:19 20 May 09

There are two temporary jobs going here if you are up to it!

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:26 20 May 09

only for 6 months though.

Forum Editor 22:27 20 May 09

that although it's perfectly OK to voice dissatisfaction with the behaviour of some MPs it is not OK to make defamatory statements about individuals, or groups of individuals.

I have no intention of exposing the magazine or myself to the possibility of having to defend the fact that we allowed the publication of such stuff in a libel action.

Quickbeam 08:19 21 May 09

Have really you got such low standards of fairness and morality to want to stand...?

user8 16:45 21 May 09

Perhaps not, but 65k a year would help;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…