How did i miss this anime?

wolfie3000 16:18 17 Sep 06

After posting about the anime genre in the favourite movie thread i did a bit of searching and found out that Appleseed was remade in 2004,

click here

Anyone else know about this?
I have the original Manga version but never knew they remade it.

Just ordering it now is it any good?
And does it stick to the original story?

Belatucadrus 17:07 17 Sep 06

Appleseed the original cell animé is a shoddy bit of crap usually picked up by teens because it's got rude words in. The signs are all spelt incorrectly and the names of the characters from the original Manga were changed. I'm surprised Masamune Shirow put his name to it.
The new one is full CGI 3D rendered and is absolutely stunning. It's nearly as good to look at as Ghost in the shell two, but is somewhat less into psycho babble type navel gazing on the nature of the soul. May well be the best animé yet made.

wolfie3000 17:36 17 Sep 06

Well i thought the first manga cell animation of appleseed was great,

As for ghost in the shell it was ok i guess but the sequel (stand alone complex) was better,

Just really looking forward to this cgi appleseed,
From the stills iv seen it looks quite amazing although i dont like the change in character of Dunan Nutt.

zincy 19:07 17 Sep 06

yeah it does look amazing!!!
i never seen the orginal but the remake is good

wolfie3000 19:08 17 Sep 06

The original is well worth a look.

wolfie3000 19:15 17 Sep 06

Just had a chat on msn with a buddy,
Turns out hes got the appleseed 2004 edition and hes invited me round to see it tonight WOOHOO!!!!

So im off to watch it.

zincy 19:25 17 Sep 06

hehe
u will enjoy it
its all so nice with the cgi

Belatucadrus 20:17 17 Sep 06

It's worth watching the extras, the way they body mapped the actors before doing the CGI and the way they then transform the whole look to be in the traditional Anime cell style, rather than mimic a dreamworks look is fascinating.

wolfie3000 17:42 18 Sep 06

Well the film was amazing the tanks at the start were awesome shame they didnt feature more in the film.

Didnt see the extras im affraid but will when my copy arrives,

They did change the storyline which is a shame,
The elders? they were new.

So just gotta wait for my copy now.

Belatucadrus 20:32 19 Sep 06

Just noticed

"the sequel (stand alone complex)"

Stand alone complex is a TV series not the sequel, if anything it's a prequel as it's set before Motoko Kusanagi swans off into cyberspace. The sequel, Ghost in the Shell two is called Innocence click here
Based more on Batou and Togusa, it's another stunning animé, but gets really convoluted to the point of confusing. May need watching a few times.

wolfie3000 20:38 19 Sep 06

Thanks Belatucadrus

Must admit it does get a tad confusing trying to keep up with sequels and prequels of anime,

Take the urotsukidoji films,
Iv seen the first two (legend of the overfiend and demon womb)

But iv been told and seen clip of a third i think.
I say i think becasue im not sure if its just clips from the original japaneese edit or from the manga version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…