how clean is your car

sunnystaines 15:04 19 Jun 10

read this article before you answer

click here

Grey Goo 15:17 19 Jun 10

And if you magnified a lump of cheese X1000 you would never eat it again.

Clapton is God 15:22 19 Jun 10

Interesting to note that this survey, which apparently emanates from Aston University in Birmingham, England, refers to something called the "gearshift".

Since when did anybody who speaks correct English English (as opposed to American English) call it anything other than the gear lever?

Mr Mistoffelees 15:22 19 Jun 10

So, how long before a "study" suggests we should all buy one of these? click here

sunnystaines 16:09 19 Jun 10

I am wondering how clean my interior of the camper van is now.

wiz-king 17:14 19 Jun 10

If it is anything like mine - not to bad at the start of the season but a bit grubby after a few months of carrying two people and two dogs around the countryside for the 3 day eventing season!

Bingalau 19:03 19 Jun 10

sunnystaines/wiz-king,
I've just come in from cleaning out my motorhome/campervan (whatever) and realised that I have just stopped myself dying, I cleaned the cab area and then washed down the rest of it inside. It is now immaculate and I am safe. I shall be doing the outside tomorrow with a large soapy brush and then a jet wash. I am proud to say my vehicle is in pristine condition inside and will also be so outside after tomorrow. However I am also using my lad's car while he is on holiday in the USA. His vehicle is in an 'orrible state and I was going to clean it for him and then thought "Why should I?". I hope he doesn't die though.... Too many of these critics and do-gooders. Most cars are as grubby as hell.

morddwyd 19:21 19 Jun 10

"Since when did anybody who speaks correct English English (as opposed to American English) call it anything other than the gear lever?"

Must admit, I've always called it the gear change.

sunnystaines 19:22 19 Jun 10

gear stick in my book

spuds 20:43 19 Jun 10

I have a old workhorse called a Sierra estate, thats used solely for humping all sorts of rubbish about. Bales of hay, animal feed, bricks, paving slabs,bags of manure you name it,its most likely carried it, and in all that time, never once have I consider the risk of infection.

Must now sit in the corner and have a serious think :O(

PalaeoBill 23:55 19 Jun 10

"Since when did anybody who speaks correct English English (as opposed to American English) call it anything other than the gear lever?"

It's always been know as a gear knob in there here parts.

As to the original thread, there are probably cleaner public toilets than my car but then I wouldn't have an immune system worth squat if I cleaned everything. I keep telling the car wash chaps in Sainsburys car park that my car likes beeing dirty :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…