how to change the washer on a modern not ball valv

howard64 16:30 12 Apr 08

I have a modern 3 years old toilet cistern with 2 buttons in the lid. These buttons operate small rods which press on plastic buttons on the syphon unit. The inlet valve is sticking and allowing the cistern to overflow. Either the washer has perished or a piece of grit has got inside. I cannot see how to get into the unit to fix it. Does anyone know how to get in to it. Thanks in advance.

BT 16:38 12 Apr 08

Have a look here

click here

Solutions to lots of problems and there's a forum too to ask your own question

Forum Editor 16:47 12 Apr 08

and trying to diagnose a fault without seeing the cistern is quite difficult.

Phone a company call Lunns on *01252 548711 and talk to them - they supply spares for just about every cistern mechanism you can imagine, and they'll almost certainly be able to help.

They're open from 8 a.m.until 5 pm in the week.

*Farnborough, in Hampshire

howard64 16:51 12 Apr 08

thanks BT and Forum Editor I have been looking for a couple of days and it appears that it must be too new for people to have had to do anything to this type. There are no marks or names on the equipment. A plumber friend had seen it and says he has never fitted one of these.

bobbybluenose 17:53 12 Apr 08

i take it this is aclose cuppled system if so the two buttons you refer to the unscrew,any more prob you can email me cheers rob

bobbybluenose 17:54 12 Apr 08

shoul read they unscrew

Woolwell 20:51 12 Apr 08

You probably have a flush valve system click here.

A decent plumber (and I know you have spoken to a plumber friend) ought to have come across these.

Noels 21:57 12 Apr 08

But
tclick here may help
It looks as though you have to unscrew the chrome top plate anti-clockwise. I have tried with mine but can't shift it and don't want to force it as its very new. However if I was desperate I would give it a try.
Regards
Noels

Noels 21:59 12 Apr 08

Soon

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:14 12 Apr 08
  Noels 22:14 12 Apr 08

Sorry I can't find my original link but have a look on Google at the above valve.
I think the top just unscrews probably as I said anti-clockwise.
Regards
Noels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017