How to avoid a hangover...

rodriguez 03:36 26 Aug 06

It's another Friday night and no one likes hangovers, so here's the best way to make sure you don't get one...

1. Drink as a much as you want - go on get wasted. No point drinking otherwise, so get out your face and enjoy yourself.

2. Go to the pizza place and get a big one - even though you'll never eat it all just get a big one. Then eat until you're full and can't eat any more. Also if you want, drink a couple of pints of water before you go to bed. This will soak up the booze overnight.

3. Even though you've avoided the headache and sickness by getting all the booze soaked up you'll still get s**tmouth in the morning and be able to taste the old booze you drunk the night before which will make you feel sick and possibly gag. To avoid this, just brush your teeth before you go to sleep, and swallow some of the toothpaste so it goes into your throat. Also if you have some mouthwash gargle some of that.

4. Go to bed and wake up feeling fine. You'll now be ready for Saturday night and you can repeat steps 1 - 4 all over again. :-D

wolfie3000 04:26 26 Aug 06

What is the point of number one,

Most sensible people can go out with friends and drink but dont feel the need to get wasted.

Drinking till your incabable of anything is stupid in my eyes, its a waste of money and makes you look like a fool.

At best you make a fool of yourself and waste your money, at worst you could end up in the cells or even dead.

Noldi 07:17 26 Aug 06

Ah those where the days.

I did here a saying once.
"Being half way drunk is a waste of money".
(or simular wording)

Noldi

freaky 10:48 26 Aug 06

New a surgeon who drank like the proverbial fish, but he never got hangovers. He attributed this to drinking a few pints of water with lemon juice during his drinking sessions. He said the acid in the lemon juice broke down the alcohol!

Another way to stop a hangover is to eat a hot curry after the session.

I use to do a lot of 'off road motorcycling' - would be out drinking on a Saturday till 1am, then up at 8am Sunday to go motorcycling all day!

As Noldi said "those were the days".

bob308w 10:58 26 Aug 06

With you there, this has to be the saddest subject to come up on speakers corner, what's next ? Drunks boasting about how many pints more than the rest of us they can drink before passing into a coma? The expression "Get a life" springs to mind.

dagbladet 11:10 26 Aug 06

This thread was guaranteed to have the huffinton-puffington's frothing over their Horlicks.

Forum Editor 11:20 26 Aug 06

in my life, and I'm going to stop it now, regardless of the Horlicks comment.

bob308w 11:21 26 Aug 06

That should have read "I'm with you there".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac