How to add a hyperlink to your forum posts, and other help with using the forum

Forum Editor 07:33 AM 31 May 13

Quite a few people appear to have difficulties with including hyperlinks in their forum posts.

We have recently posted a revised edition of our rules for using the forum, together with some helpful hints on forum conduct, etc. Included is an explanation of how to add hyperlinks to your posts.

You can read about it by clicking on the link that says "view forum rules" at the top of each forum page, or by clicking here The explanation on hyperlinks is in the section entitled 'Forum jargon'

Brumas 10:19 AM 31 May 13

The way I post hyperlinks seems a lot easier, having said that, everything becomes easier and automatic with repetition.

I write click here then high light it, I then copy the URL then I click on the blue globe icon and paste directly into the text box without deleting any text and press OK. The click here then turns blue, a little simpler for dumbos like me ;o}

Quickbeam 10:25 AM 31 May 13

I don't even bother with to write a click here phrase. I just write the opening paragraph and convert the relevant direction words with the globe tool as in this example, and the opening post in the link.

lotvic 10:29 AM 31 May 13

I've put my comments and suggestions on FE's sticky Thread in Helproom

Quickbeam 10:35 AM 31 May 13

I fear we've just made it even more confusing now...

Bing.alau 11:36 AM 31 May 13

I guess you may be right Quickbeam.

I don't think I have ever had need to add a hyperlink, I shall now have a look at the instructions by following the "view forum rules" at the top of the page. I've just spotted it where it says Welcome Bing.alau. Thanks for all the info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…