House prices could plummet by a further 55%.?

perpetual motion 18:52 15 Mar 09

I doubt it if this will go as far as this story suggests BUT it is worrying never the less!

click here

oresome 19:13 15 Mar 09

Not worrying at all!

My wealth, what little there is, is tied up in shares that have already fallen 50% in two years.

I'm happy for my own house to fall in line with everyone elses and for the purchasing power of my money to be restored, at least as far as a property purchase is concerned.

Less stamp duty to pay and less everything else that works on a percentage basis when I move as well.

laurie53 19:49 15 Mar 09

Not worrying if you bought your house as somewhere to live rather than as an investment.

Your second most expensive purchase, your car, will drop much more than 50% if you keep it long enough.

Spark6 19:58 15 Mar 09

Let's hope funeral costs fall by a similar percentage! Shares and property values plummeting, where will it all end? We're all doomed.

newman35 20:12 15 Mar 09

Yet it seems our 'leaders' are showing some growing optimism.
click here

Let's all hope!!

Grey Goo 20:22 15 Mar 09

If China and America can ride it out and start to recover then the rest of us may follow, the global position is delicately poised and could be pushed either way. Lets all hope nobody else rocks the boat before a recovery starts.

newman35 20:50 15 Mar 09

??

Stuartli 21:11 15 Mar 09

..that their estimate is "extreme".

bigggles 21:34 15 Mar 09

I can't separate the fall in house prices from this ...click here
If the multiple is restored to, say 3 x times income plus a proportion of second income, anyone in this area on an average salary would struggle to borrow over £100k. As the average terrace is £160k
click here
where else can they go but down?

bigggles 21:35 15 Mar 09

I can't separate the fall in house prices from this ...click here
If the multiple is restored to, say 3 x times income plus a proportion of second income, anyone in this area on an average salary would struggle to borrow over £100k. As the average terrace is £160k
click here
where else can they go but down?

perpetual motion 21:38 15 Mar 09

newman35 Our so called leaders have a duty to be optimistic & they HAVE too keep pressing the "posative" worrd out or the other way of looking at is "IF" they all started too say "We are all doomed" its End of the road or there's no way back thats it run away...things would deffo get worse do to these replies, so it has too be replies that are posative BUT it doesnt mean what they are saying will work, I do honestly think they are FAST running out of idea's though!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…