Hot toddy

interzone55 21:32 29 Sep 10

As I'm suffering from a bad dose of man flu I decided to make myself a nice hot toddy, but all I have in the whiskey department is a bottle of 25 year old Highland Park.

Is it really wrong to add this to hot water, honey & lemon?

wiz-king 21:38 29 Sep 10

Yes!

sunnystaines 21:42 29 Sep 10

black tea with cayenne pepper

peter99co 21:43 29 Sep 10

Be a real man and drink it neat or sip it slowly.

skeletal 21:44 29 Sep 10

Yes it is, but I would do it anyway. The thing is, don’t tell anyone, and they will be none the wiser. This forum is strictly private, so you’ll be OK...

Skeletal

interzone55 21:57 29 Sep 10

off course I normally drink it with a dribble of room temperature tap water, but fancied a hot toddy, but I've run out of cheaper malt so I've just got this Highland Park which cost my boss about £150...

peter99co 22:10 29 Sep 10

Explain your predicament to your boss. He may send a 12 year old bottle to help you over the worst of it.

Bingalau 22:50 29 Sep 10

You can't take it with you if you go. So drink the bloody stuff now.

spuds 22:56 29 Sep 10

Buy a bottle of discounted supermarket whiskey, make and drink your toddy.

Make the second toddy with the dearer stuff, then see if you can tell the difference.

I doubt it ;O))

Forum Editor 23:18 29 Sep 10

to add this to hot water, honey & lemon?"

Of course it's not 'wrong' - a 25 year old whisky isn't sacrosanct, it's a drink, and it's yours to do with as you wish. I always get a little irritated when I hear people talking in hushed, reverent voices about vintage whiskies.

Woolwell 23:31 29 Sep 10

Isn't whisky Scottish and whiskey Irish?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…