Hot bed for Racism

finerty 21:21 PM 03 Feb 13

Hot bed for Racism

When i was visiting for a whiled in 2007 things were great during the day. Come evening time and it was a very much different story.

I was called many names even though my parents are mixed.

Sad this place hasn't changed its ways

Kevscar1 05:30 AM 04 Feb 13

Thats Scotland for you. They really don't like the English.

Mr Mistoffelees 09:04 AM 04 Feb 13

Scotland?

Forum Editor 12:47 PM 04 Feb 13

Kevscar1

Wake up! Bingham is in Nottinghamshire.

Chronos the 2nd 14:57 PM 04 Feb 13

There is also a Bingham in Edinburgh.

spider9 16:01 PM 04 Feb 13

Chronus "There is also a Bingham in Edinburgh"

The clue would appear to be in line five of the linked report

"...moved out of their home in Bingham, Nottinghamshire"

-hardly confusing, is it?

wee eddie 16:01 PM 04 Feb 13

As an Englishman who has lived in Scotland for the past 33 years.

I can report that among White Collar Workers I have experienced no Racism and among Blue Collar Workers, I have experienced only very occasional Racist remarks, and from the female of the species, never a hint.

However among the drunken louts that I take home from the Pubs and Clubs, frequently supporters of one or other of the two major Glaswegian Football Clubs, I experience regular, and frequently hurtful, Racist comments.

These boys appear to be only marginally literate and have very few of the social graces usually exhibited elsewhere in society, I cannot imagine them being employed in any position that involved contact with the General Public.

I am only glad that I am not Colored or of any other visible racial stereotype. They must have a really hard time of it.

Chronos the 2nd 16:06 PM 04 Feb 13

spider9

I was only making a point that there was also a Biingham in Edinburgh.Nothing more.

Aitchbee 18:32 PM 04 Feb 13

wee eddie, said - However among the drunken louts that I take home from the Pubs and Clubs, frequently supporters of one or other of the two major Glaswegian Football Clubs, I experience regular, and frequently hurtful, Racist comments.

As a Glaswegian, I can honestly say there is a truth in what wee eddie says, but the demotion of the famous Glasgow Rangers has reduced / diffused the biototry and 'bad-mouthing' that nobody wants.

wee eddie 18:38 PM 04 Feb 13

Aitchbee: In many of the villages round here, the Union Jack still flies and the rhetoric hasn't changed one iota

Aitchbee 18:39 PM 04 Feb 13

biototry should be bigotry .... keyboard is laggy ;o{

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites