'Honour amongst thieves'.

rdave13 18:29 12 Dec 09

I know it's not right but this news article made me feel a bit better about human nature. click here

Better luck next time.

Mr Mistoffelees 18:52 12 Dec 09

I know it's not right too but, I don't think many people will be shedding a tear for him if he gets any more beatings.

peter99co 19:31 12 Dec 09

Natural Justice? Receiving pain is something of a shock for him I expect.

rdave13 20:22 12 Dec 09

Even Joe Blogs knows about violence in prisons.
Hopefully it will get so bad that he will get some abrasions to the skin so that the authorities will have to put him in to Solitary confinement.
Leaving him safe with only a TV, PS3 or X-Box, phone, paper,pencil, toilet and so on.
Much, much more than baby Peter.

morddwyd 09:21 13 Dec 09

It's probably because of some minor argument that took place in the prison, which is, after all, full of people used to settling matters with violence.

Child abusers, nonces, are normally segregated in prison anyway, so he is likely to be among his own kind, who would not be bothered by his crime, and may even get some vicarious pleasure from it.

Cymro. 10:08 13 Dec 09

Like most of you I will also shed no tears for this man, but this is the law of the jungle and surely we can`t justify such things. Throwing such people to the wolves will not make for a better society nor will it help stop such things happening again.

ened 11:29 13 Dec 09

Prisons are there to punish but also (supposedly) to rehabilitate.

Barker is clearly a bully and a coward and probably the only place he isn't safe is in prison because there are many opportunities for other inmates to show him the error of his ways.

That is a fact of life and it is a jungle in there.

Once he is released, and because of the constant threats on his welfare whilst inside, I would have thought that the last place he will want to return will be prison.

Maybe this is a far better form of rehabilitation than any of the other modern techniques?

Cymro. 11:45 13 Dec 09

if they did then crime would have been bought to an end years ago. Prisons are the universities of crime. Why is it you suppose that so many criminals re offend on their release.

If we have to waste our money and time in sending people to prison then the lest we can do is to treat them as humanly as possible. We are not barbarians but supposedly a modern civilized society. The sooner we start acting in a civilised manner the sooner we will find an answer to our problems.

Forum Editor 11:51 13 Dec 09

over this incident I'll lock the thread. We're supposed to be the civilised ones, not down there on the same level as some of the people in our prisons.

Cymro. 12:00 13 Dec 09

and show themselves for the sort of bigoted people they really are.

sunnystaines 12:00 13 Dec 09

prisons were first started to keep criminals out of circulation making us safe.

they should serve the sentence like in america and tax payers money should be saved by not giving all these luxuries to them.

in would not be a university of crime if they kept them locked in the cell on their own all day instead of treating them to holiday camp status were they mix for most of the day and have an easy time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…