Honesty in Politics?

laurie53 16:36 08 Mar 09

On the very day that the Sottish Labour Party conference opened in Dundee, about a quarter of a mile away the Scottish Nationalist government announced a £30m investment in Dundee.

When asked if this was a coincidence John Swinney, the SNP finance secretary replied "Certainly not".

How refreshing!

sunnystaines 17:04 08 Mar 09

click here

another mystery of missing ballot papers in scotland. sounds like they as just as bad up there as there are here.

peter99co 17:08 08 Mar 09

More!

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 08 Mar 09

"Honesty in Politics?"

Just fell off my chair laughing

:0)

newman35 17:22 08 Mar 09

Oxymoronic.

Kaacee 20:37 08 Mar 09

"Honesty in Politics"

If you find any please let me know, then I can bottle it and sell it for a fortune.

I won't hold my breath though.

rickf 21:56 08 Mar 09

When the fat lady sings!!! AREN'T THEY ALL FISHY NOWADAYS.

Forum Editor 22:48 08 Mar 09

"AREN'T THEY ALL FISHY NOWADAYS."

What a ridiculous suggestion - of course all politicians aren't 'fishy', any more than all doctors are, or all garage proprietors, or all train drivers.

There are 'fishy' people in all walks of life, it's just that you hear about them if they're Members of Parliament, you don't if they're train drivers. A sense of perspective is a useful thing.

lotvic 23:30 08 Mar 09

"of course all politicians aren't 'fishy'"

maybe just some of them smell that way at times ;-)

laurie53 07:56 09 Mar 09

"If you find any please let me know, then I can bottle it and sell it for a fortune."

I thought the original story, a politician saying that he deliberately set out to upstage a rival party's conference, was pretty honest.

At least it might be a start.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple