Home Office

crosstrainer 16:09 02 Nov 07

Monoster who led crusade against phone use whilst driving has been caught.......Using his phone whilst driving!

click here

Quickbeam 16:11 02 Nov 07

What's that? I've never heard of a 'victim surcharge' before.

crosstrainer 16:16 02 Nov 07

Minister not monoster :) Perhaps that should have read monster?

I've never heard of a victim surcharge either...However I would think his job will be on the line now!

crosstrainer 16:23 02 Nov 07

This is a recent addition to the law...

click here

Marko797 16:54 02 Nov 07

whatever next?? As Brian Potter would say, 'sweet baby Jesus'...

oresome 17:13 02 Nov 07

"he was taking an important call on a deportation matter at the time that he was stopped"

I just hope that any minister considering my deportation can give the matter his full attention.

laurie53 17:28 02 Nov 07

What on earth happened to all these "important" calls before mobiles?

I know that mobiles are pretty versatile but can the modern ones really indicate that "This is an important call about deportation" when they ring?

pj123 17:32 02 Nov 07

37 years old and he is bald already?

I'm 71 and still got a full head of hair.

crosstrainer 17:34 02 Nov 07

All mobiles have....is an "off" button. My new incarnation xda runs Windows Mobile etc. etc. but has a feature called "Flight Mode" which turns off the phone function. Surely a minister can afford a hands free car kit?

FreeCell 18:03 02 Nov 07

Isn't a Minister's "hands free" kit called a PPS (Permanent Private Secretary)?

Monoux 18:52 02 Nov 07

pj 123-- You'll be in trouble from the PC brigade for your comment. Follically challenged purleeeeze :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…