HMV Administration

Al94 20:36 PM 14 Jan 13
Answered

Been predicted for a while but looks likely tomorrow http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c4096aee-5e82-11e2-a771-00144feab49a.html#axzz2Hz53czjx More imminent store closures and job losses.

Quickbeam 21:04 PM 14 Jan 13

Your link requires registration.

nickf 21:05 PM 14 Jan 13

Just listening to this story on 5Live , they recon its going to happen tonight , store managers being told to discount everything ! If you have any HMV gift vouchers , get to a shop now , if you have any late night shopping centres near you .

interzone55 21:36 PM 14 Jan 13

HMV has been in trouble for ages.

They make very little selling DVDs & CDs as they're almost always discounted to match online prices.

Recently they seem to be sticking mostly expensive branded headphones, but once every gullible person has bought a pair of them, what do they sell next, it won't be iPods anymore as the traditional iPod customer now usually has an iPhone

nickf 22:37 PM 14 Jan 13

We will end up with empty high streets as online shopping absorbs all business . That is until the tipping point is reached , when there are not enough people with jobs to buy anything , economy collapses , government collapses , and we become a third world country !

Forum Editor 23:10 PM 14 Jan 13

nickf

That glass of yours is certainly half full, isn't it?

SillBill 23:12 PM 14 Jan 13

More like half empty!

Forum Editor 23:13 PM 14 Jan 13

SillBill

Errrmm...

I suggest you Google the definition of sarcasm.

SillBill 23:16 PM 14 Jan 13

I think I felt that boot before it hit my nether regions.

nickf 23:18 PM 14 Jan 13

FE , well , as I am an engineer , the glass is twice the size it needs to be ! lol

SillBill 23:20 PM 14 Jan 13

..nd anyway Wikipedia supports MY view!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED