HMV Administration

Al94 20:36 PM 14 Jan 13

Been predicted for a while but looks likely tomorrow More imminent store closures and job losses.

Quickbeam 21:04 PM 14 Jan 13

Your link requires registration.

nickf 21:05 PM 14 Jan 13

Just listening to this story on 5Live , they recon its going to happen tonight , store managers being told to discount everything ! If you have any HMV gift vouchers , get to a shop now , if you have any late night shopping centres near you .

interzone55 21:36 PM 14 Jan 13

HMV has been in trouble for ages.

They make very little selling DVDs & CDs as they're almost always discounted to match online prices.

Recently they seem to be sticking mostly expensive branded headphones, but once every gullible person has bought a pair of them, what do they sell next, it won't be iPods anymore as the traditional iPod customer now usually has an iPhone

nickf 22:37 PM 14 Jan 13

We will end up with empty high streets as online shopping absorbs all business . That is until the tipping point is reached , when there are not enough people with jobs to buy anything , economy collapses , government collapses , and we become a third world country !

Forum Editor 23:10 PM 14 Jan 13

That glass of yours is certainly half full, isn't it?

SillBill 23:12 PM 14 Jan 13

More like half empty!

Forum Editor 23:13 PM 14 Jan 13

I suggest you Google the definition of sarcasm.

SillBill 23:16 PM 14 Jan 13

I think I felt that boot before it hit my nether regions.

nickf 23:18 PM 14 Jan 13

FE , well , as I am an engineer , the glass is twice the size it needs to be ! lol

SillBill 23:20 PM 14 Jan 13

..nd anyway Wikipedia supports MY view!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know