Hitwise award 2007

TopCat® 00:25 21 Aug 07

Congratulations to PCA, and the site visitors, of course, for gaining a well earned award from Hitwise for April to June 2007. Came in at number five which ain't bad at all.

Well done to all concerned. TC.

simonjary 09:57 21 Aug 07

Thanks.

Actually we're number 4 tech website for UK traffic for that period. Number One is Digg.

Simon Jary
Publisher

dagbladet 10:04 21 Aug 07

Who'a Digg?

dagbladet 10:04 21 Aug 07

Who's

TopCat® 10:53 21 Aug 07

Sorry for the mis-read - must visit the opticians soon! :o) TC.

simonjary 13:18 21 Aug 07

Digg is a US-based tech news aggregator. If you like a story on PCA, you can "digg" it and the news story with the most points gets to the top of its list. It has massive traffic, even in the UK.

PCA is well ahead of other UK sites, such as PC Pro, VNUnet, CNET, etc.

Keep telling us what you want from us, and we'll keep it that way!

Cheers.

Simon

Forum Editor 00:14 22 Aug 07

Actually, you - and all our other regular contributors and visitors - are equally entitled to the congratulations. Without your continued and enthusiastic support over what is nearly seven years of our forum's life we wouldn't even be here, let alone be acquiring Hitwise awards.

When you and I first began our online dialogues there were only 1500 or so registered users in the forum, and I'm sure that like me, you remember those days with a degree of nostalgia. We've seen a lot of threads go under the bridge since then, and not all the memories along the way are entirely happy ones. There were times when this forum was a bit of a battleground,to put it mildly; today's occasional spats seem very tame by comparison.

The whole is the sum of the parts, as they say, and speaking personally I'm delighted to be here in such good company as we head towards a quarter of a million registrations. Well done, everybody.

hereford456 16:21 22 Aug 07

Is there a link to the Hitwise Website?
My only gripe is it's a pity the magazine is not bigger in pages.

And what about producing the magazine say the size of National Geographic, which would be easier to put into a briefcase or bag?

lisa02 16:47 22 Aug 07

Is it a first time award? first time I've seen that logo.

Forum Editor 17:04 22 Aug 07

"Is it a first time award?"

No, we've had it before.

lisa02 11:37 23 Aug 07

Oh, cool.

Glad to see PCA are consistent award winners. Well done all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009