Hit Music

Bingalau 18:46 08 Oct 06

Here is another great site which would be ideal for pub quiz masters. click here Pity is it only goes back to 1952, So no mention of one of my favourite singers "Al Bowley". (Stop giggling at the back) ..Bingalau..

DieSse 20:02 08 Oct 06

*one of my favourite singers*

One of mine too - excellent album here click here

Al Bowlly BTW

dukeboxhero 20:34 08 Oct 06

used this sight a few times when lookin for what was no 1 for friends and family, using the date engine, err mine was Marvin Rainwater - "Whole Lotta Woman"

dukeboxhero 20:36 08 Oct 06

should have read what was no1 when you were born

joe95 23:18 08 Oct 06

Bingalau
What about Arthur Tracey

Bingalau 12:04 09 Oct 06

DieSse/joe95... I thought I would be ridiculed for my taste, so it's nice to know there are other people out there with good taste. I also like Arthur tracy (The Street Singer), but of the modern guys it's got to be Michael Bublé. Then of course there are Frank Sinatra; Matt Monro (magnificent); Doris Day; Ella Fitgerald; Dean Martin; Perry Como; Satchmo etc. There's lots more great singers but they all seem to have been in the 50's except for Michael Bublé. This Robbie Williams bloke does nothing for me. Oh yes another singer I like from the modern crowd is Pam Tillis singing "Blue Roses". Better stop there or I will be switching on my Pye Black Box and spending a few hours listening to it instead of getting the lawn mowed. Lovely day up here in the NW. Hope it's likewise for you all.. ..Bingalau..

Bingalau 12:09 09 Oct 06

dukeboxhero... Sorry didn't mean to miss you out, It doesn't go back as far as the date I was born, and it seems that the in song when I was married was "The Lovliest Night Of The Year" by Ann Shelton, just before they started compiling the No.1 Hit Lists. But there's certainly stacks of information on the site. ..Bingalau..

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:08 09 Oct 06

Let me sing you a song

that was a hit before your mother was born.

Although she was born a long long time ago.

your mother should know

your mother should know

wolfie3000 14:51 09 Oct 06

I have a freind (Ghosthunter) who is really into old music so thanks for the link i will pass it on to him,

Im sure it will keep him happy for months.

dukeboxhero 16:35 09 Oct 06

does this mean im still a younge thing then lol

Curio 19:52 09 Oct 06

Was the year the Charts started in the UK I believe :>))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…