High court blocks government energy plans

TOPCAT® 13:38 15 Feb 07

Quote: "Greenpeace has won its High Court bid to make the government rethink its programme to build a new generation of nuclear power stations.
A judge ruled that the consultation process before making the decision last year had been "misleading", "seriously flawed" and "procedurally unfair"...."

click here

Can't put one over on Greenpeace these days, can you?. TC.

anskyber 13:46 15 Feb 07

I'm starting to get worried about the BBC.

Greenpeace has won nothing of the sort, the headline leads the reader to think that the programme which includes nuclear power has been overthrown.

In fact it's nothing more than the procedure Government used to consult which has to be revisited. A delaying tactic not a victory against nuclear power.

Kate B 13:53 15 Feb 07

I think that's clear from the piece. Headline writing is a bit of a black art - it has to be accurate yet make you want to read it. You can't get all the nuances of a story into a headline.

anskyber 14:07 15 Feb 07

"Greenpeace has won its High Court bid to make the government rethink its programme to build a new generation of nuclear power stations. "

Is scandalously misleading.

anskyber 14:09 15 Feb 07

"Greenpeace has won it's High Court bid to make the Government rethinks it's methods of consulting the public".

Is more accurate.

anskyber 14:46 15 Feb 07

Well there you go. Both the bad headline and the sub text have been changed on the BBC site.

Kate B 17:01 15 Feb 07

Perhaps someone from there is lurking here!

Weskit 18:29 15 Feb 07

I was just going to say that...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced